Ray Olang – Attorney at Law – Construction Law in NC and SC
Ray Olang is native Charlottean who handles construction and construction
litigation almost exclusively. Ray has represented general contractors, subcontractors,
owners, architects, and the like during each respective stage of a project’s life cycle, from
pre-construction contract review through post-judgment collection. Ray’s practice focuses on:
- Preparation and Negotiation of contract documents
- Change order negotiations
- Project correspondence
- Claim evaluation and preparation
- Lien claims and analysis
- Defense of claims
- Termination disputes
- Project close-out and final payment
- Final dispute resolution through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and/or litigation.
When resolving construction disputes, Ray looks to provide the most efficient and practical solution. Ray earned his B.S. in Chemistry/Applied Physics from Winthrop University. Thereafter, Ray earned his J.D. from Charlotte School of Law’s Evening Program while working full-time as an analytical/quality control chemist. During law school, Ray was also Associate Editor of the Charlotte IP Journal and completed an externship at the York County Solicitor/Prosecutor’s Office. Ray enjoys spending time practicing law.
- Charlotte School of Law – J.D.
- Winthrop University – B.S., Chemistry/Applied Physics
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Board of General Contractors
- North Carolina Real Estate Commission